Quarantine has us all trying something new. From house projects, to working out more (not me), to cooking and making our own bread, having time during this pandemic to just be home has caused most of us to try something that has been on our neverending to-do list. For me, I had 2 quarantine goals: learn the ukulele and finally record a podcast. I must say, I am pretty proud of myself for accomplishing both. I can jam out to a few songs on my uke, AND have season 1 of the Wednesday With Whitney podcast recorded.
One of my favorite episodes is the episode about Virtual Learning. It is full of real, honest thoughts and an amazing guest who is a Reading Specialist and gives us tips for teaching reading virtually. Below are the show notes, check them out and tune in on your favorite podcast app!
Episode 2: Virtual Learning, Episode notes
|Hey! I’m Whitney!-Intro, welcome-The word we hate to hear but need to hear…||Interview with Brittany from @HappyLittleHearts|
Let’s chat reading!
|Would You Rather Questions:|
|-How do we plan for this?-Things that worked for me during “crisis learning”-Things I want to work on-How can we use each other during this time?||Introduction- Welcome Brittany! Tell us about yourself!-With virtual learning, do you have any strategies for teachers as they teach reading?-Favorite reading memory?||1. Would you rather wear wet socks or wet underwear?|
2. Would you rather live in the house of your dreams but it doesn’t have internet access, or your current home for the rest of your life?
3. Would you rather play a fun game or play or have a good conversation?
4. Would you rather be able to eat everything you ever wanted and have an amazing body, or buy everything you’ve ever wanted and never run out of money?
5. Would you rather be The Bachelor(ette) or be a contestant on Bachelor in Paradise?
6. Would you rather have unlimited free therapy sessions forever, or a one-time three-hour life session with Oprah?
7. Would you rather be able to ride a unicycle on a tight rope or complete a Rubik’s cube in 10 seconds?